Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Today, well, today was a good day . . .

Today has been a great day.

Maya & I were coughing all night long, so after I got her on the bus I went back to bed for 2 hours (yeah, I know, it's one of the major perks of unemployment).  When I re-awoke and sat down at the computer to get some stuff done I was alerted that the Parents Magazine Best Blog Award winners had been released . . .  and I was a winner :)  We are now officially the:


"Readers's Choice"---that means all of you kind folks.  So, thanks a million for voting and forcing encouraging others to vote, too.  You are the ones who share your favorite posts on Facebook/Twitter/email/etc, you're the ones who help the blog spread far and wide.  Many, many thanks.

(this is where someone should cue the music, before I launch into a full blown acceptance speech)

To sweeten the victory, I just realized that today is my 4 Year Blogoversary.  Exactly 4 years ago today, the blog started, with these three sentences:

"I have no idea what I'm doing. Do not come here with high expectations of wit or regular updating. We'll see what happens."

When all else fails, set low expectations, I guess.  Well done, Dana.

In other news, I got a job offer today (which I will be accepting) and it has nothing to do with special needs.  So that's a bit of a nice break.  A blog award, employment, and a blogoversary---talk about a great day!

Oh, and I won the lottery.

Seriously.

Well, I guess I won a lottery, not the lottery.  5 big ones! 

$5, and I'm not sharing it, either.

The lottery ticket was a gift from Dave--he thought I was on a roll today, so it was worth a shot---he also brought home a few other celebratory gifts:

Note the balloon---it originally said "Best Party Ever", but Dave crossed out "Party" and wrote "Blog"

I'm off to drink champagne, eat a giant chocolate chip cookie, and daydream about how to spend my lottery winnings :)

Thanks again, everyone.
 
 
 

11 comments:

Beth @ Hope And Coffee said...

Congratulations! (for everything but the coughing!)

Erica said...

awesomeness!

grandma said...

soooo glad you had such a terrific day!!!! and how sweet of dave to bring home such a wonderful celebration for you. love the champagne, balloon and lottery tix but he scores extra points with that giant cookie :-)

Just the Tip said...

that's so awesome! congrats!!

marie clare said...

What a day!!! Congrats !!!

SerenityByJan said...

My favorite part is the balloon!

lisa said...

love it! glad you had such a good day! can't believe it's been 4 years already! wow!!

Becca said...

Fantastic! Congratulations! (Love the balloon, btw)

Anonymous said...

What a great day! good for you. Enjoy

Jena H. Casbon said...

Congrats Dana!

Well deserved :-)
Jena

Assignment Help Online said...

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for sharing an outstanding article. Your dedication to providing valuable information is truly commendable and has not only benefited me but, I believe, many others as well. Your commitment to delivering informative content is highly valued, and I encourage you to maintain this excellent standard. Your contributions make a meaningful impact, and we are grateful for the knowledge and insights you consistently share. Thank you once again for your thoughtful and informative posts! On the hunt for assignment aid? Your search terminates right here! We extend our management assignment help services within your reach, featuring a proficient squad of 2000+ assignment professionals. Rest assured, we're committed to shepherding you through your assignments. Queries? Contact us promptly.